A lot of girls dream of their big day and what they will look like, some even have the dress sorted in their head before they have met Mr Right.
But how do you know how to pick the perfect dress?
- Do research to find what you like, go through bridal magazines, Pinterest, Google images to get a good idea of what you like and don’t like.
- Know your wedding theme before trying the dresses. Is it casual or formal, garden wedding or beach wedding?
- Know your budget so you only try those dresses on that you are able to afford.
- Visit bridal shops and try the dress on. Sometimes it’s not until you try a dress on that you know if it’s what you like or not.
- Make sure you pick the correct size, don’t put pressure on yourself by going too small so you must lose weight. Love yourself for who you are, your partner does.
- It also helps to take shoes that are the same height as the ones you will be wearing on the day.
- Take into consideration that you may need to have alterations done, and cost of a veil or head attire these all put extra cost into the budget.
Choosing your wedding dress is such an exciting time, take your time and enjoy the experience. Make sure you decide well in advance, so you don’t have to rush.
Another idea is adding something into your dress from either your mother’s dress or someone you are close to. Be it a bead or pocket-handkerchief of lace – some little thing that has special meaning to you.
Enjoy every moment, your day will be magical and you will look back on your photos with love and happiness.